Legal Nurse Consultants (LNC’s) support the efforts of the legal profession by providing expert advice and analysis on healthcare related issues. Our consultants provide expertise in reviewing medical records (explaining the complex medical terminology contained in them) and legal case documents.
Our primary goal is to provide the expert analysis needed by legal professionals in order to pursue the most appropriate course of action with the highest possible degree of confidence. The services we provide are described below:
Assessing Medical Records and Analyzing the Case
- Identify, locate, review and interpret relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures, and other documents;
- Screen/Investigate cases for merit;
- Identify, locate, summarize and interpret applicable Standards of Care;
- Define deviations from or adherences to the applicable Standard of Care;
- Summarize, translate and analyze medical records;
- Identify causation issues, assess damages/injuries and identify contributing factors;
- Identify and recommend potential defendants;
- Develop specialized reports for use by the attorney.
Supporting the Attorney’s Case
- Compile applicable medical and nursing research;
- Present research results;
- Analyze the validity of research studies relied on by all parties;
- Coordinate and attend independent medical examinations.
Serve as the Attorney’s Liaison
- Interview plaintiff and defense clients, key witnesses and experts;
- Consult with healthcare providers;
- Meet with other consultants and service providers on the attorney’s behalf.
Work with Experts and Other Witnesses
- Identify types of testifying experts needed for the case;
- Find and communicate with appropriate expert witnesses for deposition and trial;
- Analyze potential expert’s reports and other work products;
- Help prepare witnesses and experts for deposition and trial;
- Serve as an expert witness and testify to the nursing Standard of Care.
Assisting with Discovery and Preparing for Court
- Prepare questions for deposition or trial examination;
- Prepare interrogatories and request for production;
- Review and draft responses to various legal documents and correspondence for the attorney’s signature;
- Analyze and summarize depositions and past testimony;
- Assist with exhibit preparation and other demonstrative evidence;
- Attend courtroom proceedings when relevant;
- Coordinate and assist with facilitating focus groups and mock trials;
- Assist in resolution of cases through alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration, and mediation.
In addition to legal professionals, we are qualified to assist insurance companies, healthcare facilities, government agencies, and private corporations.
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org